Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Another week another blog!
shout out: Grant Waters! good job getting the Symphony Scholarship!
This week has been fanFREAKINGtastic!!!!!
We've still been teaching Cheyrel. She's SO ready. I am quite humbled
to be able to teach her. This has been one of the greatest blessings
that Heavenly Father has given me. honestly. Because of Cheyrel, I
have become closer to the spirit. Her testimony has helped me, I
believe, more than mine has helped her. She has such faith, and her
faith has made her and me whole.
What I'd like to talk about today is what she assigned me to speak on
at her baptism: "One in the Crowd."
We all know the story about the woman in the crowd who had a blood
disease. She touched the hem of Christ's robe and was healed. We all
know the story, but how does it apply to us?
The crowd was full of people, mostly curious people, some Pharisees,
some, maybe, there to mock. None the less, there was a crowd, and then
there was the woman. There was one among the crowd who applied what
Christ taught. She had the faith to be healed.
Do we go about our lives in the crowd? Do we hear Christ speak and
think "Well that's a nice idea," then go on with our lives never
changing ourselves? The Gospel of Jesus Christ is meant to change us.
What Christ did, was, and is means NOTHING concerning you unless you
change.
Remember that there was only ONE in the crowd who truly believed.
Christ is becoming increasingly less popular as the world falls
farther and farther from him and the knowledge of who he truly is.
WILL YOU BE THE ONE? Will you have ears to hear and eyes to see?
I challenge you to be the ONE. I challenge you to be faithful. Act on
what you believe and that's how you will receive blessings.
I testify that to be the one is worth it. There is peace and joy that
comes from it. I know that.
Honoring God
Elder Decker
picture: we went and hiked the menan bute last week (the hill with the R)

No comments:

Post a Comment