Sunday, April 6, 2014

So..............
I'M IN REXBURG/ MORMONLAND!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Really, it's that great. 
Transfers went awesome and now I'm here with my new comp Elder Tidwell from Atlanta. He's SUPER awesome!
I cover Rexburg North Stake and Spanish work for the whole town. The Ward Mission Leaders are AWESOME and the wards help and support us. They do a thing called "ward days." 3 Days out of the week one of the wards in the stake plan what we do. The Ward Mission Leaders set appointments, get us service opportunities and EVERYTHING! It's SO AWESOME! I'm super stoked. 
We're getting a new car sometime this week (we're hoping a Jetta), so they took our car on Thursday. The weather's been great, but of COURSE it snows when we don't have a car. Yesterday it snowed, so we had to beg rides from people, we couldn't take our bikes. So yesterday we pretty much went to church in 2 wards, walked to dinner, then cleaned up the area book. It was an alright day. 
We had a baptism on Saturday. It was great! We got a referral from it too! 
We're SO happy and experiencing a lot of success up here. We're finding all the non members in Rexburg! ;) haha
As we have patience in our afflictions, we will become relieved. 
I'd just like to share the story of how I came to know that the Book of Mormon is true. I was challenged at the beginning of the summer after junior year to read the entire Book of Mormon before school started. I did it. I finished it in my Grandparents' house in Logan. In the last chapter there's a promise,
Moroni 10:4-5
4 And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost.
 5 And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things.
I Decided that I would act on this scripture and pray to find, from God, if the Boom of Mormon is true. So I knelt down and started to pray. I asked If it was true. The Spirit overcame me with a great joy and I knew that God was answering my prayer that it is true. I knew and I KNOW that the Book of Mormon is true, and because of that I know that Joseph Smith was a Prophet. 
Matthew 7:20 
Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
 In context, Christ is warning against false prophets. He says that a good prophet cannot provide bad fruit, and a bad prophet cannot provide good fruit.
The Book of Mormon is a good fruit and it is the fruit of Joseph Smith. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet and that he restored Christ's church on the earth. 
If you do not know that the Book of Mormon is true, read it, ponder over it, and ask God if it is true. I promise that he will answer.
It IS true.
Honoring God
Elder Decker

No comments:

Post a Comment