Sunday, June 29, 2014

week 43!
shout out to Katelyn Heath who is now married... or will be this week. I don't actually know...
This week has been pretty grand. We had a bunch of ups and downs, as usual, but we found 2 new people to teach and they're solid! yay! 
Oh yeah, maybe I should tell you all about the gall bladder test. So... They did a test on me. First they shot me up with some fun radioactive... juice... so they could see my inner... ness under a scanner. Then, after an hour, they shot me up with the enzyme that the stomach shoots out when it needs the assistance of the gall bladder. During this time, I was not having an enjoyable experience. I thought that I was going to throw up because of pain. That was not fun. So, they're taking my gall bladder out in the next few weeks. It's functioning at 50%. 
I asked the lady who did the test how likely it would be for me to get super powers. She said that it was unlikely. I died a little bit inside. But at least I could say that I was radioactive for a while there. #thatsong
Also, the doctor put me on a zero fat diet. I can't even eat chicken. I've been eating fruit ant pretzels. It's interesting to see what members make for our . 
So yeah. What I'd like to talk a little bit about today is the word "disciple." My mind was blown this past week: "Disciple-Discipline" We cannot be a disciple unless we are disciplined and do what we are told to do by he who we follow. If we want to be a disciple of Jesus Christ we must follow him and do what he says. Every definition that I can find for "disciple" has to do with accepting and spreading the teachings of someone else. 
First question: Are you a DISCIPLE of Jesus Christ or do you just praise him? The distinction is applying his teachings to your life.
Second question: What do you need to do to be a better disciple? Might you need to discipline yourself more in one way or another?
a few scriptures to think about: 
Matt 7:21
21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
-We need to keep the commandments. (be disciplined)
Corinthians 10:13
13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.
-You will not be tempted to sin above your ability to resist it, and God will help you to be his real disciple.
I testify that as we CHANGE ourselves to follow the will of God, we will be blessed beyond our capacity to receive it. He loves us so much. The path of His Son, Jesus Christ, is the path that we must follow in order to become like like and be his disciple.
Disciple-Discipline
Honoring God
Elder Decker  

No comments:

Post a Comment