Tuesday, June 3, 2014

WEEK 40!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO yeah. :)
This past week has been rather eventful.
First off, the Doctor thinks that it's a gallbladder thing after all.
He said "There are two ways to test and see if it's gallbladder. One,
you can avoid fatty foods and see if you start to feel better, or,
two, you can gorge yourself and see if you feel worse." I tried the
second one. It's a gallbladder thing. If you're having gallbladder
problems, don't eat ice cream or drink milk. That's the worst.
ALSO, if you're having gallbladder problems and a recent convert tells
you to chug a bottle of Coke and burp it out, DON'T DO IT. I sent her
a text that said "I hope you know how much pain I'm in right now." I
hate the taste of coke anyway. That was not fun.
BUT, this week was pretty good. quite fantastic actually. We had a
Zone Conference, some sweet lessons, and a cool opportunity to give a
blessing. One of our investigators is having trouble forgiving herself
and feels really bad for some things that she's done. We offered her a
blessing and she accepted. The Spirit in the room was SO strong. I was
giving the blessing and I knew what it was that Heavenly Father wanted
her to hear. This is my favorite part about being a missionary. I love
feeling that God is using me to bless others.
This is a sweet scripture that was shown to me this past week.
Doctrine and Covenants 35:8,13
“For I am God, and mine arm is not shortened; and I will show
miracles, signs, and wonders, unto all those who believe on my
name.Wherefore, I call upon the weak things of the world, those who
are unlearned and despised, to THRASH the nations by the power of the
Spirit.”
I know that there are miracles in these times. I know that if you will
have faith and will act, miracles will be shown unto you and you will
know it. You just, simply, need faith.
I heard this quote this past week. "God uses the unlikely to
accomplish the impossible." HOW TRUE IS THAT? Heavenly Father used
David against Goliath. He called Samuel as the prophet. Christ called
fisherman to be his Apostles. Joseph Smith, a 14 year old kid with a
3rd grade education, grew up on a little farm in New York in the
1800's was called to Restore Christ's Church on the Earth.
God uses the humble to accomplish his purposes. Are you humble enough
for God to work through you to fulfill his purposes? If you're not,
fix yourself.
I know that if we humble ourselves and give everything to God we will
be blessed with the opportunity to do amazing things.
Honoring God
Elder Decker

No comments:

Post a Comment