Thursday, June 12, 2014

To be honest this week (41) has probably been the worst week I've had as a missionary. 
The abdominal pain continues. The ultrasound didn't show any problems. They're going to have me meet with the GI soon.
Some people who we've been teaching, and were going to get baptized next week, fell of the deep end in a super-massive fiery ball that was visible from space. Long story short: They both got drunk (and maybe high), got in a fight, and hit each other with a baseball bat and broken beer bottles. One is in jail and the other is moving to Washington state. Isn't that just delightful?
I was feeling kinda down and discouraged after that happened but this morning I felt impressed to read Helamen chapters 4-5. In there it has this scripture:
11 "Now this great loss of the Nephites, and the great slaughter which was among them, would not have happened had it not been for their wickedness and their abomination which was among them..."
This gave me comfort, because it stated that what happened is not my fault at all. The super sad thing happened because of their unrighteous decisions. 
Let us all learn to destroy the guilt the "I could have done better" thoughts about friends and family who have taken wrong paths. We cannot change the past and people have their agency. All that we can do is change the future. What will you do to make things better? What you do to help them? 
I testify that God loves each and every one of us. I testify that everyone has their ability to chose (no matter how annoying it is sometimes.) 
Something that helped me a lot with what happened was a talk given by Cheryl on Sunday. My entire mission is worth it because of her. She is a light and an example to all of us about conversion and prayer. 
Thank you all for all that you do. Thank you for supporting me! 
oh yeah... HAPPY FREAKING LATE BIRTHDAY MOM AND MARIA! :D I hope you don't get sick!
Honoring God
Elder Decker  

No comments:

Post a Comment