Sunday, April 12, 2015

Week 82 
It's almost April, and it still feels like October. I left Rexburg in October, So I know that I'm not there anymore... I feel like I'm losing my mind... again. The first time was when I was born, I never recovered fully.
There's a new Easter video that's only 2;30 minutes long and it's fantastic! It's all about Jesus Christ and how what he did can affect us in our lives. It's called Because He Lives. <-- There's a link right there for your convenience! I just figured out how to do that!
I love the peace that the gospel brings to us. It picks us up out to heartache and despair. It pulls back the blinds of life that truly blind us from the hope of God's infinite light. When we finally feel the warmth of the savior's light it changes us. It helps us to see the good, for all good comes from Christ. (Moroni 7:24
When we feel that warmth, when we see the good, we need to share it. This video can give you some ideas.
Embark
General Conference is this weekend! I'm so pumped! How amazing is our opportunity to hear from the Prophet and the 12 apostles?!? For missionaries it's like an new Harry Potter movie. I CAN'T WAIT! 
This past week I've been studying real intent. It's really the key to everything. It's really being fully invested into something. Randall Ridd gave a fantastic talk recently about real intent and he said something really cool:
"Our challenge is that when we see a wonderful family or a financially successful person or a spiritual giant, we don’t see all the small and simple acts that produce them. We watch Olympic athletes, but we don’t see the years of daily training that made them champions. We go to the store and buy fresh fruit, but we don’t see the planting of the seed and the careful cultivating and harvesting. We look at President Monson and other General Authorities, and we sense their spiritual strength and goodness, but what we don’t see are the simple, daily disciplines repeated over and over again. These things are easy to do, but they are also easy not to do—especially because the results are not instantaneous."
The most important things to do are really easy to do, but they're also really easy not to do! How true is that?!? When we watch General Conference with real intent, it can change us. It WILL change us. We just have to focus and desire direction and change. 
The Movie "Meet the Mormons" will be out on DVD and Bluray this week as well! All the things are awesome!
Live with real intent and you'll be happy. It makes the all the difference. Please read Randall Ridd's talk. It's changed me.
Honoring God
Elder Decker
p.s. we had some fun face mask adventures and we saw something ironic at Kiwi Loco (a fro-yo shop)

No comments:

Post a Comment