Sunday, April 12, 2015

Week 83
My companion is getting transferred! D: That makes me sad. BUT, I'm having another kid! (Meaning that I'll be training another missionary... again!)
It's my third mission son and I'm excited! But the posterity is growing even more because... *drum roll*
I'm getting a grandkid!!! (Meaning that someone that I trained is training someone!)
Is this what parenting feels like? I like it! I think I'll give it a shot someday! 
Tomorrow My trainer Elder Sanchez is returning home having finished his mission. I'm so thankful for his loving help in some very trying times of my mission. He will always be dear to me. I will continue on his legacy! 
I'm not ok with this whole "mission ending" thing. I've been telling people that I've been out for "a little over a year" for the past long while. They're going to have to wrestle me onto the plane. 
HAPPY EASTER!!!!!! :D
I LOVED conference! I feel like my batteries are recharged. I can do this whole mission thing! I especially loved Elder Holland's talk. He spoke about the atonement of Jesus Christ. Without Him we are completely and utterly alone, but because he lives we never have to be. He provides hope for the world. People CAN change. I can change. It's all and only through our resurrected Savior. I'd like to invite everyone to watch Elder Holland's talk. It changed me.

1 Nephi 19:9
9 And the world, because of their iniquity, shall judge him to be a thing of naught; wherefore they scourge him, and he suffereth it; and they smite him, and he suffereth it. Yea, they spit upon him, and he suffereth it, because of his loving kindness and his long-suffering towards the children of men.

D&C 76:22
22 And now, after the many testimonies which have been given of him, this is the testimony, last of all, which we give of him: That he lives!

He suffered and died for us, AND HE LIVES.
I know that he lives and loves us. Take his outstretched hand in good times and bad. This is my prayer.
Honoring God 
Elder Decker

No comments:

Post a Comment