Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Week 79
The weeks and months are flying like moths and screaming like "eeks" as they slip through my fingers.(If you see what I did there.... Both of those other words is just one letter off of the first ones...... ha...ha...) It's INSANE.
I'm going to hit 19 months this week. I'm not ready for the big 20 in any aspect. In my own growing age and in my mission age. 
We had an awesome week last week! We're getting work DONE! We're finally getting kinda used to being where we are, and we're working on helping people come unto Christ! :D It's awesome! We're talking to as many people as we can to search out those who are the elect and prepared to receive our message. We're really enjoying it.
There's really nothing like serving a mission. You see the best of some people and the worst of others. Some are quite angry that your on their doorstep and that you exist. I don't see how our existence and our passionate search to find the lost sheep can offend, but I hope that someday Heavenly Father will help me to see them as he does, with perfect love. I'm not quite to that point, but I hope someday I can be. 
I read something really cool in my studies this morning. 
Doctrine & Covenants 50:26
26 He that is ordained of God and sent forth, the same is appointed to be the greatest, notwithstanding he is the least and the servant of all.
It's a great mantle to be "appointed to be the greatest," and it's something that is quite humbling as well. Somehow I've got to change ridiculous me with all my flaws and challenges to be great like Peter or Paul. It's also incredibly important to note that I am called to be the servant of all as well. I diligently strive to serve everyone as much as I can, and the greatest service that I can perform is to declare to the ends of the earth the truthfulness of what we share. Jesus is the Christ. He died for us, and he had reached out to us as he did in times of old with a prophet in these days. These last days are the most important ones, where the human race is constantly bombarded with temptation and what's foul. Satan is attacking more now than ever, so now is the time in history when we need prophets the most, and we have them. I know that. I have heard his voice, I have heard his word and I have had several powerful spiritual witnesses that Thomas S. Monson is God's prophet on the earth. 
Watch "Meet the Mormons," and read the Book of Mormon because Christ said "Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them." (Matthew 7:20)
Complacency is the bane of any progress, especially spiritual progress.
Honoring God
Elder Decker
Pictures: We went to see the temple
I saw Elder Carson Cummings who I saw leave for his mission from Jackson Hole. He returned from Dominican Republic for medical reasons and is now waiting for his visa and serving for a little while in our mission! Small world.

No comments:

Post a Comment