Sunday, March 22, 2015

Week 80
I am now starting to question if I actually existed before my mission. I doubt it... I just have these strange memories...
My health's thrown a curve ball at me again. I have a constant pain, and in the mornings I hurt a TON. It's all in my chest and it doesn't seen to be getting better. The Mission doctor is looking into scheduling a colonoscopy for me... The only definitive way to figure out if i have an autoimmune disease is by looking at my colon. The moment of truth! at least we'll have more information to work with now. I just want to get this who thing figured out so I can get on with the work.
I was feeling really sick one night. I had accidentally eaten egg noodles (WHY DO EGG NOODLES EXIST) and I had to sleep it off. I had a dream that I was saying goodbye to Elder Sanchez who trained me. His family was picking him up and they were about to head home. I was super sad. Then my dream branched off and I was in a HUGE house walking up a massive staircase. It was shrinking and it kept shrinking until I was crawling through an air duct. It continued to shrink and I got stuck.
I woke up with a re-found love for my mission. I don't have a long time left to be able to do SO MUCH WORK that I want to do. Now, at the end of my mission I have to work harder than ever because the walls are closing in. I have to help as many people as I can before the surreal real life gets me. 
On an interesting side note... I haven't seen you people in forever... it's weird to think, but I associate myself for with the random people that I've met here than with people at home. When people say "dad" my first thought is Elder Sanchez my trainer... It's strange.
The weather's been nice. The sun went up AND came down every day this past week... but seriously, spring is here
We had an awesome experience last Tuesday. We had the chance to give blessings to two ladies who were having a REALLY hard time. They were both trying to get off addictions and change their lives. The spirit was so thick in the room you could cut it with a knife as I felt God speaking to two of his precious, lost daughters. That was the most spiritual part of my mission to date. 
A cool scripture that I read and found new meaning in this week:
1 Nephi 16:29

29 And there was also written upon them a new writing, which was plain to be read, which did give us understanding concerning the ways of the Lord; and it was written and changed from time to time, according to the faith and diligence which we gave unto it. And thus we see that by small means the Lord can bring about great things.

Those scriptures that say "by small means" are referring to our faith and diligence. We must be diligent in doing the good things.
How many times have we been told by the prophets that the "primary answers" are the way to eternal life? Those so called "primary answers' are the real answers and there's nothing more important. "Pray, read scriptures, go to church" are really always the answer, because if you're doing those things, you'll find the answers. It that simple! 
It's quite ridiculous to try to live this gospel, or t try to live a happy life without these principals. Those are the small means that "bring about great things."
If you feel that you're not feeling the spirit as much as you'd like in your life, work on those "small means."
Honoring God
Elder Decker

No comments:

Post a Comment