Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Because I hit 18 months, I had to burn an old pair of pants. It was fun.
I'm getting transferred to the Idaho Falls area. I'm a sad panda. Lina and her son are getting baptized on March 7th and I won't be here. She's been progressing a lot. Yesterday we taught her and the Spirit hit me, almost made me cry, and I realized how grateful I am to be a missionary. I have the opportunity to see people change their lives to be closer to Jesus Christ. Lina really is like King Lamoni's father who said (Alma 22:18)
 
"O God, Aaron hath told me that there is a God; and if there is a God, and if thou art God, wilt thou make thyself known unto me, and I will give away all my sins to know thee, and that I may be raised from the dead, and be saved at the last day."

We should all be willing to sacrifice all sins to know God. He is is waiting for us to be willing to follow. Will we be like Peter or will we be like the "Young Rich Man"? Be willing to not only hear, but to do. 
We've had a lot of awesome things happen. In my last week we taught many more than we've ever had. God helped me to know and feel that I've done a good work. 
Funny story: I destroyed three pairs of pants in one week...
Pants 1: They were burned in the traditional ceremonial manner. At 18 months missionaries burn pants. It's a thing. They were irreparable anyway.
Pants 2: A massive hole was procured while I fake roundhouse kicked my companion in the face. 4 inch long hole in the butt along the seem. Easily repaired.
Pants 3: They were destroyed approximately 1 hour after I acquired  my newly repaired Pants 2. They exploded as I picked up a log. The hole was 8 inches long. 
I may be buying new pants today...
Honoring God
Elder Decker
3 pictures: pants burning- I look like wolverine
Bro Carrillo my best friend
Lina, her son Patrick, The Mower Family, and us.



No comments:

Post a Comment