Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Week 48 (1 year mark in exactly 2 weeks)
This past week has been quite the roller-coaster. We had a baptism fall through, Stomach pain has come back, but some cool stuff has happened also.
I THINK I SAW MATT MEESE LAST WEEK! (A guy from Studio C)
ELDER TAYLOR AND I ARE STAYING IN REXBURG TOGETHER FOR ANOTHER TRANSFER!
I WAS ASSIGNED TO BE DISTRICT LEADER!
Yeah, so our zone was destroyed, not many are staying. our district was really old, so we're getting 4 new missionaries (2 Elders, 2 Sisters). This will be AWESOME! I'm so excited to be a leader, to try and help other missionaries to reach their full potential as missionaries and as believers in Jesus Christ. 
We've been struggling to find new people to teach, along with sickness. With everything that's happened, good and bad, I've been a bit on edge. My companion has been a big help, but I'm still quite stressed.
Being sick is my least favorite thing ever. I WANT to get up on time, I WANT TO EXERCISE, I WANT TO WORK! BUT I CAN'T. I hate it so much. It's been a real trial. 
I was having a lot of trouble. So 2 nights ago, when I couldn't sleep, I went into our study room and opened up the Book of Mormon in the dark, not knowing where. I turned the light on and I was opened up to the first page. The first verse says:
"and having seen many afflictions in the course of my days, nevertheless, having been highly favored of the Lord in all my days"
That hit me. In a short while, I've been hit pretty hard, but every day for my whole life I have been favored by God. Hard times happen, BUT THAT DOES NOT EVER MEAN that God loves you any less. He is always there to help us. ALWAYS.
Remember who you are, remember that God always loves you. When you pray, read the scriptures, and go to church, you are giving him opportunities to feel his love. Just do it. 
Honoring God 
Elder Decker

No comments:

Post a Comment