Wednesday, August 13, 2014

TODAY I AM A YEAR FROM HOME!!! That's crazy.
This past week was really hard for me. Nausea and pain have remained consistent and have become a big hindrance to my ability to work. I had a doctor's appointment last Tuesday and he said that it could possibly be Crohn's Disease. (Your immune system attacks your intestines, there's no known cure but it's controllable) BUT, we don't know anything yet. 
So with that news I was quite discouraged this week, especially with the nausea/pain continuing. It was REALLY hard to stay positive, and I must confess that... I didn't. I started to think that I was being a useless roadblock keeping my companion from being able to work. I even thought that maybe I should go home... Then on Saturday I prayed and asked Heavenly Father whether or not I should stay. I should and I will stay. I knew that I should stay, but that feeling of inadequacy and being useless persisted until church on Sunday. I heard "More often than not, Christ strengthens us in our trials instead of taking the trials away." This whole time I've asked for the sickness to go away! I'm so dumb! 
I felt way comforted by this. He helps us to push through it. He's like a Cross Country coach! He won't end the race because it get's hard, that's ridiculous! He just motivates and helps us so that we can finish the race; becoming who He wants us to become. 
1 Peter 5:6-7
6 Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:

 7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.
As we seek for God's help to push through trials, that help WILL become apparent. That is a promise from God to you. 
 Alma 26:27
27 Now when our hearts were depressed, and we were about to turn back, behold, the Lord comforted us, and said: Go amongst thy brethren, the Lamanites, and bear with patience thine afflictions, and I will give unto you success.
Heavenly Father loves you. He WANTS to help you. Seek for his help in the correct way and you will find it. Every time, because he is your loving father.
Honoring God 
Elder Decker

No comments:

Post a Comment