Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Well, in 10 days I'll have been out for 4 MONTHS!!!!! Where has time gone? This is madness. When that hits I'll have been done with 1/6 of my mission, which I don't even want to think about. I'm not allowed to be this old. I SWEAR I'M STILL A GREENIE! AHH! Well we had a pretty good week with ups and downs (as usual) but yeah, that's life. 
So, apart from the shortness of life, I've been pretty good. On Monday we had an incredible experience:
We had a lesson with Allison at a member's house. The spirit was SO STRONG as the Members and the Spirit testified of our lesson (Gospel of Jesus Christ.) Everyone in the room felt it, especially Allison who is preparing herself for baptism very well. She's ready. We've just got to teach a few commandments and she's in the water. She knows that these things are true. I had the feeling to use Alma 32:35 and ask her "Is this not real? Are these things not true?" She said that she believed that they were real and true, and she will make the changes in her life that she needs to. We were all truly touched by the Spirit. 
You know what I TRULY love about Christ? There are many people who can be great examples for us, people who we can aspire to be, but Christ will help us follow his. He was the perfect example, and he is PERFECTLY helpful. That's what I love. He will help me as I strive to become like him. He will help me. He will help you.
This week I have realized how important the members are. You are the greatest asset to missionary work. If you are not, PRAY FOR MISSIONARY OPPORTUNITIES. Yes God will answer you and help you to know who, how, and when. Then do what he says. 
I love you and God loves you. He wants to see you happy with your friends in his kingdom
Honoring God
Elder Decker

1 comment:

  1. My cousin, Kathryn Poulter, lives in Pocatello. If she's in your ward, Elder Decker, say hi to her from Jalaire Hickman. (I'm a friend of your parents)

    ReplyDelete