Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel...
MERRY FREAKING CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Genesis 1:31 "and [Elder Decker] saw all that he had [written], and, behold it was very good..." (look at me -likening scriptures unto myself ;D)
SHOUT OUTS!
-all the people at the stake dance: Hi! I love you, and I think about you a LOT (actually a bunch more than I'd like to... no offence)
-Brittany Simmons: I have no idea if she reads this, but anyone in my French class needs to let her know that I met a little girl who talks EXACTLY like Brittany's silly kid voice. I was cracking up in normal conversation. It was great. ;)

This past week has been fun :) We've gotten tons of gifts from our FANTASTIC members! The work has been progressing! Two freaking AWESOME (solid as a rock) people are getting baptized this Saturday :) AHHH I'm SO EXCITED! :)
Last week, however, I was a bit sick. I was having some trouble getting up on time and maybe having some trouble with my attitude... By Sunday I felt pretty bad about my obedience. Saturday night I accidentally fell asleep super early before any prayers AND I didn't wake up until 7:16. I felt like a scrub. Though that's not that bad, I FELT bad, because I knew I could/ should be better. That day during the sacrament I realized that this guilt that I felt could be washed away. right now. I prayed to Heavenly Father and asked for forgiveness and committed to try my hardest to be better. I felt peace wash over me, and I knew that that guilt was gone and that I had just started over. 
I testify to you of the reality, the actuality of Christ as the Son of God. He is our Redeemer and that means that we can be redeemed. We can end our old lives of following dark paths and start afresh by being baptized and taking the sacrament. I find that amazing, and I am thankful for that every day. 
Remember that the love that God has for you is perfect and eternal. It is there when you're happy, it's there when you're the vilest of sinners, it's there when you discouraged. it is just, simply, ALWAYS there. All that you must do is hold to the Iron Rod that will guide you to partake of the fruit of God's love which is Eternal Life, and the way you take hold of that rod is Baptism. You or your friends need it. All that could ever happen when you share or accept Christ into your life is joy. Take it. and remember He's the purpose of Christmas and Life.
Honoring God
Elder Decker

No comments:

Post a Comment