Thursday, October 3, 2013

Alright, this past week, I've made some changes in how I'll be serving my mission
     first, and most influential is: I will not be writing to my friends while on my mission. Yes, it's nout, but I really feel that it's what Heavenly Father wants me to do, because that's what I was focusing on, and it's definatly not the right thing. I love ALL of you but, I know that this is right. I'd love the get the occational note of support or the very occational care package, but I probably won't thank you until I get back home. When sending things, know that what I want most is a picture. That's what I miss most, seeing your wonderful smiles. Let my parents know if there's anything crazy that happens and they can let me know (ie mission calls, wedding announcments, other crazy awesomeness.) Remember that I love you and am still praying for you, but I KNOW that in order for me to be the best I can be, I need to make some sacrafices, and get more focus. ESP during this time, I want to only live through faith in Christ (galatians 2:20). If my plaque hasn't been made yet, that's my new scripture. "If we want to be something that's never been before, then we need to do something that's never done before. I have to chose to follow the influence of the spirit.
     next, life is like highschool, and a mission is like being in the band. each instrument is unique and has it's own advantages and deficiencies, and each reads music in a different key or clef. Each missionary has his own strengths and weaknesses and knows what to do, through the spirit, a different way. Saxes are usually off key, bassoons are ALWAYS off key, clarinets could get louder, trumpets could get softer, french horns could stop ripping, and nobody really likes piccilos. The awesome part is that you can change your natural instrument through self mastery. Adjust your mouth to change the pitch into in tune, play harder, phay softer, and traning to find the notes, ... idk what a piccilo could do... God is the director, and when we follow him, read the notes, and adjust ourselves, true beauty happens. As we change ourselves and follow God, we can be sucessful. I need to ajdust my ombisher a bit...
REMEMBER GENERAL CONFERENCE IS THIS WEEKEND WOOT!!!!!
look up "no regrets" by Chad Neth on lds youth music. it's how I feel.
remember who you are, I LOVE YOU. God be with you till we meet again.
p.s. some people may be getting "last letters" from me
oh yeah, last week I became a zone leader, and this week the investigator ASKED us if he could be baptized. felt pretty good. love you

No comments:

Post a Comment