Sunday, January 18, 2015

Week 71
I've had some awesome experiences this past week as I've tried to put in practice what I talked about last week- meaning change. 
There's a talk that goes around missions called "Purification." It essentially talks about how we can have the Holy Ghost the most in our lives and the work. It's essentially making inspired sacrifices to be more obedient and focused on the work. If anybody might like to read it or send it to a missionary, let me know! 
We had an awesome miracle with one of our investigators. We stopped bye to talk about faith and repentance and the Book of Mormon. We set a reminder on our phone to text them to read the Book of Mormon every day at 9. That night we texted them, then a little late we got a text back.
She had been reading The Book of Mormon, where she left off last, when something (the spirit) told her repeatedly to open to a random page. She finally complied. She opened to Alma 34:30-36 (on page 295) which talks about the purpose of life and about what we need to do in this life to be able to return to God. These verses really stuck out to her. They really answer the question that she had in her heart to know if what we said is true.
The Book of Mormon is true. Through it we can learn God's desires for us. It brings the Spirit into our lives. YOU SHOULD READ IT.
This experience that she had really reminded me of the truthfulness of that book. It's true. I've asked God myself, and he has told me that it's true.
Missions help us see miracles! 
I love being a missionary. 
Honoring God
Elder Decker

No comments:

Post a Comment