Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Ok, another week has flew by
twas a week of awesome work
and zero pie. 
I had the sweet opportunity to have 2 exchanges this week! My first was with my valiant District Leader, Elder Machen, and the second was with one of our Zone Leaders, Elder Solorzano from Guatemala. I learned SO MUCH from both of them. It was nuts. 
From Elder Machen I learned that I am super stressed and that I don't need to be. I've been down because we haven't had any kind of success, not even people coming to church. I learned that even though Christ was a perfect teacher, HE got rejected and killed, so me in my imperfectness, having been out in the field for only 5 weeks now, I don't have to beat myself up. I just have to continue trying my hardest. 
I don't have much time, cause we're heading to Rexburg to go shopping. We NEED some stuff. I'll just share a quick testimony:
I know that this is The true church. I know that through the atonement of Christ, we can return to live with God again. And the only way to actually repent is through Baptism by one who holds the the priesthood, and only those in this Church have that priesthood. We are the only ones who can save the world. 
I've seen some miracles this week. We've met some golden investigators, and the only reason we found one of them is because of a member referral. You have the real power in the work of salvation. 
Living is laughing and loving, and the love that lasts forever, eternal marriage, can only be found through this church. Your friends are looking for what's important. Help them find the light. 
with love,
Elder Decker
picture- Me, my comp Elder Sanchez (big hat) and the ZL's, Elders Solorzano (far right) and Morales (far left)

No comments:

Post a Comment