Monday, May 18, 2015

week 87
May the Fourth be with you.
This past week's been hard as well. I started to get sick 4 days ago and now I'm SUPER sick. I'm hurting a lot. Met with the doctor this morning and he attributed my stomach discomfort with stress amplified irritable bowel syndrome. It hurts a lot, so any prayers would help.
I've been sick a lot on my mission. It's awful because this is when I want to be working the hardest. 
2 Timothy 4:7-8
 7 I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:
 8 Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.
As we push through our trials, God rewards us. Pain, suffering, stress, challenges, are all things that will end after this life. 
Even with trials and challenges. Even though we will have them always, it does not mean that God's hand is not in our lives. Think about the original 12 apostles that Christ chose. They were beaten, rejected, and killed,. Think about Abinidi. He stated the truth and was burned for it. Think of the early saints who left footprints of blood on an untamed prairie as they searched for a place where they could worship their God freely and without persecution. 
Trials prove our faith.
Honoring God 

Elder Decker

1 comment: