Monday, May 18, 2015

Week >88D  <----(It's a 4 eyed alien! :D) 
This week's been intense. Seriously, everything that hasn't happened in the previous 2 weeks happened this past week. 
First: OUR APARTMENT FLOODED. I was woken up at 12:44 Thursday to my companion yelling. We ran upstairs and found that the hose that connected the toilet to the wall broke and water was spraying everywhere. 
Starting that morning until now, we've been in a ghetto hotel. We've each got queen sized beds, but it's really thrown our mojo off. There's no room for studies, so we've had to do it on our beds. It's hard to keep it effective. We are also out of clothes and are in a finding a washing machine emergency. I'm currently wearing my old toe socks that I wore with my toe shoes, because I have no other socks.
Second: I got to talk to my family yesterday! It was enjoyable. :) (Oceanology, no Oceanography, I TOOK A CLASS) We talked about classes and a whole bunch of other random stuff.
I happened to skype in the home of the Buck family. Brother Buck graduated from Skyview with my mother. He showed me their yearbooks and here's a picture that I found of my mom in one of the yearbooks! :D
My message today is for those of you who might be struggling through deep waters of trials, sickness, depression, or stress. To console the Prophet Joseph Smith and other the Lord said:

Doctrine and Covenants 50:41-42
41 Fear not, little children, for you are mine, and I have overcome the world, and you are of them that my Father hath given me;
42 And none of them that my Father hath given me shall be lost.

Fear not. He is there. If you lean on him he will be your support and you will not be lost. 
Honoring God
Elder Decker

1 comment: