Monday, October 13, 2014

Week 59
We had a good week. We had a baptism!!!  Marcos, a 12 yr. old was baptized! It was so fantastic! I'm pumped!
I will be transferred this coming Wednesday. They're sending me down to American Falls. (in the boonies of Pocatello) I'm sad to leave but PUMPED to go! I've been here for 7 1/2 months and I need a change of scenery. 
The winter is coming. I can feel it in the air. GOOD THING I'M GOING SOUTH FOR THE WINTER! After winter in Jackson Hole last year, they evidently decided to give me a break this go around. I got pictures with a few people that I said bye to.
We had a good week otherwise as well. We had a fantastic lesson with a young lady from Venezuela who was able to go to conference in Salt Lake. She found that experience super eye opening for her and she started to understand how the spirit works better. The spirit testifies powerfully of the words of the Prophet and the Apostles. They don't guide the church, Christ himself does, and the spirit testifies of that. 
Yesterday at church I felt something very real. I felt the spirit testify to me that Christ really did suffer for me and that he loves me. That came to me plain as day. It really is how the Book of Mormon testifies:
Mosiah 3: 8-11

8 And he shall be called Jesus Christ, the Son of God, the Father of heaven and earth, the Creator of all things from the beginning; and his mother shall be called Mary.

 9 And lo, he cometh unto his own, that salvation might come unto the children of men even through faith on his name; and even after all this they shall consider him a man, and say that he hath a devil, and shall scourge him, and shall crucify him.

 10 And he shall rise the third day from the dead; and behold, he standeth to judge the world; and behold, all these things are done that a righteous judgment might come upon the children of men.

 11 For behold, and also his blood atoneth for the sins of those who have fallen by the transgression of Adam, who have died not knowing the will of God concerning them, or who have ignorantly sinned.

I know that Jesus is the Christ and that he loves each of us. He wants to help us; he's knocking. Let him in.
Honoring God
Elder Decker

No comments:

Post a Comment