Monday, October 6, 2014

Week 57.
Last week's was really long... I'll keep it short.
A year and 2 days ago I made a commitment to God. I would consecrate my time as a missionary, give my all to him, by not writing to my friends. I need to better keep this commitment. I've made some excuses on this matter, but I shouldn't and now I won't.
If anyone would like to send a card, or a letter of support, or you just need to get something off your chest, or you just feel like mailing something, or you have too many pictures laying around, I'm here. ;) I love hearing from you, but I will not respond for all around blessings. :) thanks for understanding. 
So, if you write a letter to me and you don't receive a response, It doesn't mean that I love you any less, that I'm holding a grudge, or that I don't appreciate what you sent. In fact, quite the opposite. I've learned that as I follow God's guidance, EVERYONE is happier. I've had experiences when I haven't followed what he clearly asked me to do, and it led to heartache for everyone. I prefer to abstain, although it can be REALLY hard to not respond. I miss you all so much. I love you all so much, and I can't wait to catch up with all of you in 11 months, because you're the best. 
I received a letter from a good friend that I haven't heard from in a long time, this past week. I wanted to respond SO BAD, but, through reading what happened this week last year, I received power to do Heavenly Father's will that I probably wouldn't have had otherwise. I know that all parties will be blessed.
I'm at a point now on my mission that I can, every day, write what happened and the spiritual impressions I had, then, read what happened that day last year. It's been incredible, and incredibly uplifting and empowering.  
I challenge you all to keep a journal every day. It can bless you and help your life. It can help you stay committed to what you've previously decided to do, and it can help you remember spiritual experiences you've had. The blessings are exponential and it only takes 5 minutes a day. just do it. :)
The Spirit is real and it really does guide us. A journal can be your personal scriptures (written by you), to help you in future days. There's nothing to lose. ;)
Thank you all for your love, support, help, and prayers. They are sincerely appreciated, though I'll have to wait to tell you exactly how much. 
We've seen a ton of blessings in our area this week. Heavenly Father is in this work. It is his. 
Honoring God
Elder Decker

No comments:

Post a Comment