Sunday, September 21, 2014

!Hola Todos! (just imagine that the first exclamation mark is upside down.)
We have had a FANTASTIC week. It's been full of ups and downs, but that's every week, is it not?
We had transfers on Wednesday, so I've got a new comp! Woot! Elder Henrie is from down town Phoenix. He's 25 and a super cool guy.
We had some cool experiences this week. Our Zone decided that we'd put the work in God's hands, and expect miracles. We set some really high goals and we WILL achieve them. 
Someone who we've been teaching set a high goal as well. She set a goal to read the Book of Mormon in 2 months. In Spanish, that's 11 pages a day. When she set that goal, she seemed committed to it, but, she started to doubt; saying "11 pages is a lot." She ended up reading less than 11 pages in 2 weeks. 
My last season of Cross Country, I made a goal to run a 5K in less than 23 minutes. I ran a 23.13 in my last race. I did not achieve my goal only because I was injured right after that last race. 
Sometimes there are reasons why we do not complete our goals. I was physically unable to run for months after that injury. Other times there are excuses. Excuses are things like "I don't have time", "I'm too tired", "I don't feel like it today". Excuses are nothing but hold ups for your growth. THEY ARE FROM SATAN. He does not want us to accomplish anything in this life. DON'T YOU DARE DOUBT YOURSELF. Don't let any stupid, lazy excuse get in your way.
We are Children of God. We have an incredible potential. Excuses will stunt our growth and keep us from becoming who God wants us to become. 
Set goals, then accomplish them. Just do it. 
Philippians 4:13 
"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."

Christ healed a lame man at the Pool of Bethesda. He can help you with anything. Set a goal, do all you can, take Christ's hand, and have faith. This applies in every goal you may have.
 
Honoring God 
Elder Decker

No comments:

Post a Comment