Sunday, July 13, 2014

Week 45 was probably the most interesting week of my mission thus far:
- surgery
- 4th of July
- great success
- I am currently high on Hydrocodone (which has been prescribed to me) and is an Opiate. It is also used in Vicodin.
So if something sounds strange or out of it, that's normal.
Surgery went well. It was actually kinda fun. 3 other Elders and I created some havoc in our pre operation room. We were having a good time. They asked us to close the door. I wonder how often people who are about to have surgery need to close the door because they're being to loud... 
I was recovering pretty well until yesterday (Sunday.) I just felt awful and discovered a new yellow splotch around one of my incisions. I really hope that I am not ...infected...
The 4th of July was alright. We had the entire day off. I am SICK of resting, so the whole day I was just incredibly bored, until fireworks with the Brown family. That was fun. Let it be known that not doing anything is the bane of my existence. I feel like a useless schmuck. (I JUST SPELLED SCHMUCK CORRECTLY ON MY FIRST TRY! Most will not understand how much of a step that is for me. My spelling is atrocious.- I misspelled atrocious on my first try....) 
We've had a fantastic week in the work! We found 2 new people to teach and taught a LOT (well, my companion did while I was resting.) We got a whole bunch of referrals also, so EVEN MORE people who are prepared for the gospel. Heavenly Father is the best. In our times of trials, he blesses us with the motivation/ability to continue when all of our strength is lost.

Moroni 7:33
33 And Christ hath said: If ye will have faith in me ye shall have power to do whatsoever thing is expedient in me.

If we have faith in Jesus Christ and do all in our power, we are PROMISED power to do all things that we are required to do. You have no idea how much that promise means to me.
I know that this is the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. We have modern prophets, guides, to help us in these days of tribulation. Don't doubt, but be believing. 
Honoring God
Elder Decker

No comments:

Post a Comment