Monday, February 10, 2014

This week I will complete my 6 month mark. This is madness. PURE madness. I still feel like a greenie. Starting this next transfer, I'll be able to say to the new sisters that I'm going home before them. ;) Take THAT sisters. ;)
This past week I've been thinking A LOT about this.
There can only be ONE correct church. Ephesians 4:5 "One Lord, one faith, one baptism," PLUS if you think logically there can only be 1 anyway.
1- Since Adam until the time of the 12 Apostles running the church, there has only been one true church. There was Judaism until Christ, then there was the Church that Christ established with leaders (the 12 apostles) and other people to serve, teach, and such things. Christ established a church and since he's perfect, he established it right. and if a church is not that same church with the exact same beliefs it is not his.
2- God, being perfect, being the same yesterday, today, and forever, WOULD NOT have different church with different beliefs about him and his gospel. He wouldn't tell one person that there is a need for baptism and the nest that there is no need. He would not tell one person that they should worship the virgin Mary and another that they shouldn't. He WOULD NOT tell one person that he and Christ are the same person, and another that they are different people with individual bodies. There is NO WAY that a perfect God who loves us perfectly would be the father of this confusion as to what is the TRUTH. He is not a God a chaos, he is a God of love and order. 
The only way that God can be the perfect person we believe him to be is if there was ONE truth, ONE church lead by him. It's just logic. 
I know that God is perfect. I know that Christ is my Savior. I KNOW that there can only be one true church. What's your job is to find what's that right one for yourself. 
I encourage you to check out Mormon.org 
Honoring God
Elder Decker

No comments:

Post a Comment